Answering the following questions should help you think more specifically about Thriller audiences.
1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
a total of 503 films were released in 2009 and 31 of them were under the suspense/thriller genre
2) Action, animation and comedy account fro 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
the total amount films released for comedy and action were 57 and 99 respectively. this accounts for almost 37% if total gross. the high number of films released under these genres explain its high grosses also along with the animation genre, another factor explaining there high gross is there huge and wide age appeal.
3) why do you think Thrillers account fro quite a low proportion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
the reason they accounted for the low percentage is probably there limited age and audience appeal and the low amount of films released
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram above, what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
the audience for this genre is about equal but it more female targeted
5) Look at the age certificate for 10 of the films featured on the teaching blog. What does this tell you about Thriller audiences?
there mainly targeted for adults due to there 18+ certifications and this could impact them by denying them the gross from younger cinema goers